Individual therapy is a journey we take together. My role is one of listener, supporter, guide, and teacher. Pervasive issues are often a signal from the unconscious mind that something within is being neglected or pushed away. We will explore your conflicts, grief, anger and troubles so as to develop a working context for these dynamics within the overall story of your life. When we can gently look at the problem as it is, no longer hiding and running away, we can come to new ways of viewing ourselves in relation to our problems, ultimately leading to greater degrees of peace, self-understanding and self-compassion. This is not about doing, but undoing – undoing the patterns, blocks and false identities that perhaps once protected you but now no longer serve you.
Particular issues that I work with:
- Relationship issues
- Guilt and shame
- Men’s Issues (sexuality, power, love)
- Therapy for therapists and healers
- Archetypes and complexes
- Anxiety (social anxiety, generalized anxiety, panic symptoms)
- Trauma and early life wounding
- Figuring out what to do with my life
- Creativity and the artistic process
- Asking the ‘Big Questions’: Who am I? Why am I here? What is life? What is this all about?
artwork: Breath of Spring, Father Arthur Poulin