Individual therapy is a journey we take together. My role is one of listener, supporter, guide, and teacher. We will explore your conflicts, grief, anger and troubles so as to develop a working context for these dynamics within the overall scheme of your life. Pervasive issues are often a sign from the unconscious mind that something within is being neglected or pushed away. When we can gently look at the problem as it is, no longer hiding or running away, we can come to new ways of viewing ourselves in relation to our problems, ultimately leading to greater degrees of peace, self-understanding and self-compassion.
Particular issues that I work with:
- Relationship issues
- Guilt and shame
- Men’s Issues (sex, power, love)
- Therapy for therapists and healers
- Anxiety (social anxiety, generalized anxiety, panic symptoms)
- Trauma and early life wounding
- Figuring out what to do with my life
- Creativity and the artistic process
- Asking the ‘big questions’ – Why am I here? What is this all about?
artwork: Breath of Spring, Father Arthur Poulin